Excavation works for gun emplacements (Guns No. 1 and 2), South Sutor, Cromarty, 1913
One of several photographs of the construction of the South Sutor's gun emplacements held in the collection of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland, Edinburgh, and used with their kind permission.
The original is much larger and shows superb detail.
This photo is the gun emplacement (really the excavation hole for the magazine) for the north sutor. There was only one 9.2 inch emplacement on the S sutor. Comment left on 25 August 2013 at 23:55 by Allan
Form Goes Here